Wednesday 16 August 2017

1 Point

I enjoy all forms of archery, I really enjoy eliminations in World Archery but for some reason I tend to miss the World Archery events. Thankfully this weekend I got to shoot a 720 at Tukkies after a very late registration.

So on Thursday I decided to try out a 10 degree offset on my bow. I saw a few guys with it, a few international archers and wanted to try it out. Off to Magnum to get it sorted.

Saturday morning was the first time I arrived almost early for the 720. That was until a fun run was taking place, and by the looks of it, it was more a gentle, casual stroll. It took quite some time to finally get to the range. Once I finally stopped there everything looked good, mother nature was kind enough not to have the winds interrupt early morning shooting.

Elimination done RIGHT!
Our ranking session went quite well, I kept it mostly in the gold with the occasional shot in the red due to either creeping, or jerking. When all was done 72 arrows behind us. I ended up tied with Sean Nel, a staff shooter for Archer's Edge.

First round I got a BYE. Second round I got Mr. Nel, he was ready for the day and started off very strong! In the end we both ended with a 139. This is where I got to shoot another shoot off, I got my shot off and hit the 10, Sean hit the 9! A good tough round.


Third round I ended up against Folkers Heroldt, an archer who has been shooting for quite a couple of years entrenched in archery. The previous time we ended up against each other I lost the round. So now we were ready to shoot again. Folkers showing that experience trumps almost everything else opened with a perfect round. It was a long hard round but I finished on a 141. Folkers did a great 142.

As I got ready to pack up, I heard I somehow ended up the Bronze medal match. Somewhat caught off guard I did what I do, I shot. The match was hard and my opponent was fierce! I just managed to get a 140 and he got a 141. A hard match, but a fun match. I lost with a single point.

So this is how you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment