Wednesday 17 January 2018

The HB foray!

A while back I was fortunate to get hold of an HBX large release. This release fit my hand like a glove but after a few shots with it (less than 4 days), I realised this is not working for me, my groupings got worse, the release felt inconsistent. This after spending some time on a few forums I realised was the majority of everyone's feelings about the release. Some time passed and I switched back to my BT Gold and Fang 4. Now things were okay again until my wife tried the HBC and HBX medium releases. The releases felt a bit cramped for my liking and I realised I prefer a larger release. 
  One afternoon I started shooting a bit with the HBC, even though this was a medium release my groups tightened up and the release shot really well. This happens just as I placed an order for 2 releases from the US. Now as that feeling of dread starts to set in and realising how much you spent on 2 releases where this is fitting your requirements perfectly was not easy.

What I liked about the HBX and HBC was the weight. The shape and grip. My requirements for my releases were ready. It needed to be a brass release, about the same size and just not as inconsistent as the HBX.

After going through my requirements I decided on the Fulkrum Flex and Abyss Flex. The fact that it can be customised that much was appealing to me, I would not have to commit to either 3 or 4 finger variant.

So the great wait started...

No comments:

Post a Comment