Monday 24 July 2017

North Gauteng IFAA Field Championship



Well, it does seem that not all days are created equal, the North Gauteng field competition was something behold. The wind came in with something you would only see in the fair Cape. The winds were blowing in gusts of hard wind that Saturday that tended to be coming from the one side then the other of constant varying strength.

This made a back tension(TruBall BT Gold4) the wrong choice on the day, my first half I did okay, fighting and wrestling the wind, but it seems this is where the weight advantage did not really help much. On full draw wind from the one side would make getting the arrow to fly near impossible and the wind from the other side tended just to make the arrow fly. My second half I ended up doing 20 points less than my first.




The second day, I was convinced to rather switch to my thumb release (TruBall Fang4). The day went slightly better on my first half, but my second half on the thumb proved a bit better, giving me exactly the same score as my first half. Shooting 24 points better than the previous day.

This was our day's wind!



Overall after being quite despondent after my first day, the second day picked up and I am one step closer to my Gauteng colours. This is the one discipline that I am finding challenging but fun, watching some of the heavy weights shooting field really does get you quite eager to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment