Monday 31 July 2017

Sedibeng IFAA - Bittersweet almost!

Well today I got to take my ID arrows for the first outing, after some practice over the last week I was hoping to finally get my 300. Having shot IFAA 5 spot four times before my highest 3 scores was 297/36; 295/34; 288/36.

Initially I had some issues with my indoor setup, for some reason after a few shots I tended to lose a fletch mid flight and my arrow tended to hit far to the one side missing the target completely. After a miss or two it tends to get you very, VERY negative.

After a few of these I made a few changes, went from my HHA optimizer to a Shibuya CPX520, my arrow rest was moved (the cause of the stripping fletches). Was playing around with different arrows (Gold Tip, Easton, Black Eagle) until I finally settled on the Carbon Core arrows. My blackbirds did not really have the diameter to cut a line when a shot was less than perfect, but the ID arrows did significantly better. Overall everything went quite well I had a 48x count, which is my personal best. All went well until my 3rd last round, where I shot 4X and then as I crept forward I slipped and plonked my last arrow into a solid 4. My mistake...

So after all was shot and done I got a 299/48.


Shoot casual.

No comments:

Post a Comment